(Job closing: 5/09/21)
The Administrative Coordinator coordinates and manages the administrative operations of key programs at the Kellogg Institute that are critical to the advancement of its mission and strategic goals. The position provides support to the Institute’s Associate Director and Assistant Director to assist them in performing their duties and assuring that Institute operations run smoothly and efficiently. The position coordinates with the Associate Director to manage the administration of the Institute’s Undergraduate Student Programs, and with the Assistant Director to administer Graduate Student Programs and the Visiting Fellows Program. This position assists the Undergraduate Program Coordinator in the management of student employment for the Institute, including orienting and supervising student workers, and serves as a backup to the Office Coordinator for processing payroll for student workers in Ultra-Time. As a key member of the Institute’s administrative team, the position also serves as the backup face of the Institute and provides general administrative support to ensure effective operation of the Institute’s activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks In Support of Associate Director include: (40%)
● Work with the Associate Director to assist in the administration of Kellogg undergraduate curricular programs which currently includes the International Development Studies (IDS) minor and concentration. Manage fall and spring cross-listing processes, working closely with the Keough School and the Registrar’s Office while maintaining communication with departments regarding updates and changes. Create course lists and attend/take minutes for the IDS Advisory Council meeting.
● Manage the databases for IDS and the Kellogg International Scholars Program (ISP) and assist with data analysis.
● Manage spring post-award administrative responsibilities, including the preparation of award letters and creation and submission of award payments in TravelND.
● Assist with the post-award administration of competitions for undergraduate funding, records applicants’ data in KI databases; create folders, charts, status reports, evaluations and score sheets for the selection committee; assist in scheduling committee meetings and communicating with selection committee members.
● Research best practices for new initiatives for alumni and undergraduate programs.
● Working with the Associate Director and Undergraduate Program Coordinator, manage undergraduate student employment, including hiring, orienting and supervising student workers for both fall and spring.
● Generate communications with undergraduate alumni, including coordination on videos, Zoom meetings and other alumni activities.
● Distribute communications to ISP and IDS students, as requested, and maintain Google Site for ISP students.
● Manage processes and compliance of post-graduate fellowships with University and Institute policies.
● Manage calendar and schedule meetings for Associate Director.
Tasks In Support of Assistant Director include: (30%)
● Work in coordination with Assistant Director on the administration of the Institute’s visitor programs, including fall and spring semester visiting fellows, guest scholars, and research visitors.
● Work with Assistant Director to coordinate and manage pre- and post-award administration of graduate funding competitions
● Coordinate post-award administration, including transfer of award recipient records to database administrator and preparation of award letters. Coordinate fall and spring orientations for graduate student grant recipients to include other Kellogg staff such as communications team and business management team.
● Coordinate logistics and program support for new visitor initiatives, including Kellogg Institute Fulbright partnership programs in Mexico and Chile.
● In consultation with Assistant Director, coordinate logistics and program support for Institute’s research Working Groups, including coordination and communication with principal investigators (PIs) and program participants and interlocutors.
● Liaise with Visiting Fellows and other guest scholars (in person and virtually) for information related to the processing of appointments, and regarding arrival/departures.
● Liaise with the Office of Postdoctoral Scholars on matters related to postdoc appointments, including coordination on visas and other essential administrative matters with the University’s ISSA office.
● Coordinate orientation/departure activities for fall and spring Visiting Fellows, guest speakers, and visitors. Provide updates and ensure currency of Visiting Fellows Program online handbook.
● Coordinate activities related to Visiting Fellows and guest scholars with other Kellogg staff.
● Ensure post award reports are received and coordinated with the Institute communications team to distribute to Kellogg Institute media outlets.
● Create, maintain, and organize online resources (e.g., Google docs, sheets, forms) as needed by directors
Leadership Support: (20%)
● Provides support to the Institute’s Associate Director and Assistant Director to assist them in performing their duties and ensuring that Institute operations run smoothly and efficiently.
● Assists the directors with internal and external communications
● Coordinates relationships with Institute stakeholders, other University departments/units, and external partners and constituencies; regularly interacts with internal and external (to the University) visitors and guests on behalf of the directors
● Provides administrative coordination and support for the Associate and Assistant Directors of the Institute. Manages access to directors, serving as calendar delegate and manages calendaring. Coordinates meetings for the directors, assists directors with preparation of various reports, presentations, and documents and serves as Concur/TravelND delegate for directors to coordinate travel and prepare expense reimbursements.
Office Administration –Main Office: (10%)
● Serves as the back up face of the Institute; back up first point of contact with guests
● Educated and knowledgeable about the Institute (with particular focus on undergraduate, graduate and visiting fellows programs), its mission, and its programs and able to articulate that information to visitors, guests, etc.
● Serves as an information resource and problem solver, answers questions, and directs visitors to appropriate staff when applicable
● Immediately acknowledges and assists visitors (students, alumni, faculty, visiting fellows, guests, maintenance, etc.). Fields general questions from visitors about their stay; helps them with their needs during their stay, and refers them to Institute staff and faculty or other campus units when appropriate
● Serves as a backup to the office coordinator for processing payroll for student workers in Ultra-Time.
● Crosstrains in Kellogg main office duties including, but not limited to FedEx, Office Depot (BuyND), and building maintenance (AIM work orders)
● Other tasks as required.