Legacy Project Internal Grants
The Legacy Project Grants aim to support Notre Dame faculty, researchers and graduate students with grants of up to $2,500, that use, and intend to maximize, the transmedia files of the Colombian Truth Commission towards peace, conflict, and democracy research at the University of Notre Dame.
Applicants external to Notre Dame click here for the External Legacy Project Grants.
The Legacy Project particularly seeks applications from faculty, researchers and graduate students who will actively integrate their research with ongoing Legacy research initiatives.
University of Notre Dame faculty, staff, researchers and graduate students from any discipline using the transmedia files to work on issues related to peace, conflict, and democracy research.
Call for Spring 2024 - deadline: EXTENDED - October 1, 2023
Grant Allowable Expenses
Proposals will be accepted for most research-related expenses with justified relevance and importance to the use of the transmedia files of the Colombian Truth Commission
- Archival or field research
- Research or editorial assistance
- Assistance for data collection or translation
- Other research-related expenses
Note: Grants may not be used for conference attendance, to fund public events, or to supplement faculty salary. Visiting fellows are not eligible to apply.
A complete application consists of the following materials uploaded in Submittable:
- Application Form
- Research project proposal (two pages maximum) stating the project goals, research plan, with the explicit mention of the ways the transmedia files are being used
- Project abstract
- Current Curriculum Vitae - two pages, maximum.
Criteria for Selection
The Legacy Project Grants committee reviews the applications and makes all selections.
Selection criteria include:
- evidence of academic excellence
- clarity of the link to the transmedia files
- the potential to use the transmedia files for research publications
- Research that enhances the realization of the Legacy Project strategic vision